Tuesday, April 03, 2007

New Devil Car!

Last week was quite a week:
1) bought a laptop
2) bought a car
3) resigned from my job

Whew! Could we add any more change to the week?
Today I want to focus on my new (used) car because the resignation from the job isn't a fun topic and the laptop hasn't been unpacked yet!

Here is a pic of my new baby:
and its interior (already full of my junk!):

We ended up getting a VW Passat 2.0T - yes, watch out world, I am driving a Turbo engine! I LOVE that feature!

So, the old Camry is going to be retired. Kyle didn't admit to me until AFTER we purchased the VW that the Camry has gained a new shimmy and shake while driving. GREAT......was it endangering the lives of my children and the children that carpool with us??? Yikes. I don't want to think about it. I have just come to accept the fact that it is being retired. At 215,000 miles, we won't get anything for it, so we are going to donate it to a group. Please e-mail me if you have any organizations that you would recommend!!

The vehicle plan is as follows - I get the new car (isn't that the way it should be??!!) because I am heading back into consulting and could be driving all over the Cities. So, Kyle will take the van. He does most of the kid pick-up and drop-off, so it is really best that he has the van. Of course, the boys love the new car and want to ride in it where ever they go!

The only issue with the car is that it came with a license plate from the dealer because it was a loaner car. Guess what the numbers are in the plate???? 666!!! Do you think that this makes it a devil car? It doesn't really bother me, but I have had a few friends tell me that I should get the plates changed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcy, we donated my dodge spirit to the Kidney Foundation. It was really easy. Just signed a paper, gave them the keys, and away it went! The transmission had gone, but they came and picked it up.

By the way, YOU look great (by the picture above), but it's a really scarey picture...I feel like you're piercing my soul with your gaze! Hahaha

~Dianne