Saturday, April 07, 2007

A day alone

What would you do with a day alone - a day to yourself? I had one of those today and I loved it. It isn't that I don't like to be with my boys, but a day to yourself is a day to be cherished.

The boys headed up northwest to spend Easter with their grandparents and I opted to stay at home so that I could sing for the Easter services at church. I figured that is really only about 30 hours without the boys so that it would be doable. My Mom asked me what I was going to do about Easter dinner and I am hoping that the boys bring home some leftover ham. Granted, they don't always have ham at Easter, so it might end up being a surprise.

So, what have I done with my day today? It wasn't anything extraordinary at all, but I still enjoyed it.

Let's see - the day started with choir rehearsal for the Easter services. The best part about Easter services is that all of the instrumental groups participate: bells, choir, organ, piano, and brass. While we were rehearsing, the Bachman's were arranging all of the Easter flowers around the alter. It is such a beautiful sight with the white Easter lilies, the purple and pink hydrangeas, burgundy tulips, and some beautiful yellow flowers.

I then came home with the intention of cleaning the house, but my "easy read" book (aka trashy novel) called out to me. I guess at this point I should admit that I love Jude Deveraux books. I haven't read a ton of them, but I have enjoyed all of the ones that I have read. I think my favorite was The Summerhouse. The one that called to me and I needed to finish today was The Mulberry Tree.

Since I finished my book, I decided to make a library run to drop off the ones that the boys and I had finished and then to run some other errands - groceries, hardware store, and Home Depot for a universal garage door opener. It took me a while to figure it out, but I finally got it.

I then did some housework - let's just skip over that. I used it as a justification to start a new book. This one is called Grace Notes and so far I really like it. Right now I am watching Lost in Translation. I like it, but I don't. I haven't really figured out the plot except that it is a middle-aged man going through a mid-life crisis and a young woman trying to figure out where her place is in life. I checked the official website to see how they describe it, but the only thing I could find is "Everyone wants to be found".

Several of you have asked about my new job that is starting on April 16th. As I learned from Heather Armstrong's website Dooce, I tend to avoid discuss working topics on my blog. So, I will give you the minimum and say that I feel that it is a good move to advance my career and my skill set. I am going to be a Sr. Consultant for Traust Group. I will be doing the same sort of work that I am doing now - IT Project Managament, Business Analyst work, and a little development work. It will be interesting to see what clients I work with and what my projets are. I am really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

nancy_scraps said...

Marcy...you are my hero!


A mac and a Passat. That's about as good as it gets. Oh...and 30 hours at home alone.

No scrapbooking during that time?


Glad you are back blogging. Now that I found you again, you are not allowed to stop!

And congrats on the new job!