Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Countdown

Today is the next to the last day at my current position. I thought that I would be really excited to be leaving, but I am actually very sad. I work with an amazing group of people who are fantastic professionally and personally. I have enjoyed getting to know people from several departments within this company. As for the IT people, I know that I will eventually run into several of them again. The Oracle Apps IT world is very small; in fact, we were joking yesterday that it is less than six degrees of separation for Oracle apps people - it is probably closer to 1 or 2 degrees of separation! I am more sad about the people that I would like to stay in touch with, but know (through experience) that due to daily schedules and responsibilities that we probably won't stay in touch. It saddens me to admit that, but it is reality. I need to focus on the fact that at least I have been lucky enough to have these people touch my life. I also know that if I ever needed anything in the future or ran into them some place that we could pick up where we left off and everything would still be good.

The jokesters are already in action! I arrived with a plan to do some final clean-up. I was thinking about the things that I would need to remember to pack and one of the things I thought of was my pen/pencil cup. I planned on leaving the pens in my drawer and packing my pen cup since I brought that into the office. I arrived this morning and the first thing that I noticed was that my pen cup was missing! Isn't ironic that the one, small, silly thing that I was thinking about is the ONE thing that is missing from my desk!! I said to my co-workers, "My chair isn't even cold and things are already being nabbed from my desk". One of them smartly replied, "You might come in tomorrow and not have a chair!"

No comments: