Wednesday, August 23, 2006

let the upgrade begin!!

I have been a bit quiet lately because we have been in the final stretch of a 9 month long project to upgrade our transactional system. The "festivities" begin tomorrow and I am one of the lucky ones on the first shift. The "lucky ones" phrase was said in a sarcastic tone in my head, but I am actually one of the lucky ones. My time is going to be spent at the Primary in the "Command Center" (insert doo do dooooo song of impending doom here). The only thing going on at the time is the final end of day process for financials before the switch is flipped and we begin the actual upgrade. So, I am hoping that my time in the Command Center is quiet and calm with the biggest decision being what we are going to order for dinner. Any suggestions?

Things have been good even though I have been quiet. Kyle is home with the boys this week and next and they are having a great time together. E and A have actually spent the last three days playing very well together! What a blessing!

We are also in the throws of the preparation for school. We had Alexander's Kindergarten assessment the other day. It was exciting and sad for me to watch him independently walk down the hall with his teacher to be tested. We still don't know what he did in his test except that when she asked him to count that he counted to 199!! Good job, Alexander! Oh, that reminds me - one of the first things his teacher asked him was what he wanted to be called. *GASP* WHAT? Does he have a say in this?! I want him to Alexander!!!! Nope, Mom does not have a say in this and he will be Alex. Ugh. I did NOT want him to be Alex. He only likes Alex because it is shorter to write. Hmmm.. Obviously, I have some pent-up feelings about this. Perhaps I should e-mail his teacher.

I need to get clothes for the boys for school, but there is zero time with this project. I think that I will spend some time this evening placing an order with Land's End. Alexander still prefers to way tie-dyed shirts and LE has three long-sleeved ones! He saw them and asked for them all! Hey, how easy is that? 3 shirts means that he only needs a couple of more!

Okay, I need to run! I will write more tomorrow and give a COMMAND CENTER (needs to be said in a loud, echoing voice) update.

Ciao!

No comments: