Sunday, July 02, 2006

fun at the beach

We had a great time at Bush Lake yesterday with Minda's Family and Nancy's Family. It was so nice to sit on the beach or in the water and just relax. I think it was Nancy who said that we are in the golden age with our children and it is true! This is the first summer that I can let the boys just go and not be my typical type A Mom and chase after their every move so that they don't drown. Don't be fooled by that comment because I was really just a Type A Mom from afar. There were about 4 times that I stood up and began to panic because I couldn't spot one of the boys. Three of those 4 times, the child that I was desperately seeking was literally right in front of me and in my panic I couldn't see him. One of the three times my fear was valid because Alexander had moved to a dock away from Kyle and was attempting to swim under the dock. Yikes. I was able to get his attention in time before he did it and he returned to his activity of climbing on the dock and jumping off.

If you would like to see pictures of the day, then check out Minda's Blog. She was the photography Mom yesterday. It was nice to have someone else capturing the moment so that I could just enjoy the moment. I often get so caught up in taking pictures that I don't take the time to just be still and enjoy it! Thanks, Minda!

One of the things that I enjoyed doing at the beach was floating in the water. It is such an amazing and peaceful feeling. You go from all of the noise of the kids shouting and splashing to mere echoes of that noise once your head is back. If you close your eyes, you can focus on your breathing (yes, I miss yoga!!). I also like to focus on the stark contrast of coolness from the water versus the warmth of the sun at the point where the two intersect on your body. It is amazing that such a thin line can be so visible to our minds. And then everything shifts with the slightest motion in the water. The cooling sensation of the water washes over you and cools all of the spots that the sun has warmed so that you can start the whole process over again.

1 comment:

mindakms said...

pure poetry baby, pure poetry!