Thursday, July 06, 2006

my big feet

Help! I have big, wide feet and now that I need to fit orthotics in my shoes, I cannot find shoes!! I have ordered from footsmart.com, but they seem to be out of every shoe that I am interested in. Does anyone have a suggestion of a place to get shoes that meet the following criteria:
  1. BIG sizes - I am a 10 - 10.5
  2. WIDE, and I mean WIDE size - I have recently discovered that I am comfortable in double wide shoes.
  3. Shoes that are deep enough to fit orthotics

Please, please, please - if you know of a good shoe store online or brick and mortar, let me know!!! I am a desperate, wide, big-footed woman!

I have had luck in the past at Nordstrom Rack at the Mall of America, so I took Ethan and Alexander with me. The bad part about stores like that is that you never know what you are going to find. Well, last night was not a good shoe selection night. sigh....I ended up with nothing, but the boys were great. They were very patient and only whined once or twice. After Nordstrom Rack, we headed down to DWS Shoewarehouse. The boys and I split up in separate rows and searched for big, orange "W" stickers on the boxes. We had a blast checking for the stickers.

After DWS, I couldn't resist checking out the Franklin Covey store. I am tempted to return to paper. I just don't get the same satisfaction from writing in my PDA or crossing off tasks as I do in a planner. The boys had a fun time in there, too. Yes, I have task-oriented children and I think that they are drawn to paper products like I am!!

To finish off the fun trip, we needed to go to Legoland to buy a birthday gift. I couldn't resist giving the boys a treat since they had been so good throughout the shopping trip (yes, I know...bad Mom with buying something for good behavior. Hey, at least it wasn't food that I offered them!!). Each boy got a little bucket to fill with the loose Legos of their choice. Fun! Fun! I can't wait to play with the new windows and roof tiles that they bought!

No comments: