Thursday, March 08, 2007

Off to CJ's!

Hard to believe, but it is already that time of year to head off to CJ's Creative Cottage in North Branch, MN. It is a wonderful weekend with 14 women sharing a house. My favorite part is that we all spend the weekend creating and having fun. Several scrapbook pages will be created of varying styles. It is the different styles and personalities that make these weekends so much fun. And our group has what we might term the "extremes" of styles: pure Creative Memories all the way to collagey, distressed shabby chic. It is just wonderful!!!

My pages will be simple. My goal is to just have fun and do whatever feels right at the time. I often feel that most of my pages look the same after a while, but it is still a blast to create them and see them come alive!

I am posting today because Susan requested it yesterday! I ran out of some of my favorite Bazzill cardstock colors: crimson, sunbeam, parakeet, and java. So, I ran to Scrapbooks Too to get some more paper and some more adhesive. It was so nice to see her again and to chat! I do miss the store and I miss seeing people all the time with an equal level of obsession over yummy paper designs and fun stamps!!

Okay, let's do a bullet point list of the things that have been happening to me:
  • I had laproscopic RNY gastric bypass on 12/12/06
  • I have lost about 52 pounds and 3 pant sizes since the liquid diet for the surgery (started 12/2/06)
  • I performed in "Godspell" at church where I attempted to act, sing, and dance - this was an amazing experience and I should do a post about it!
  • I am still working at ShopNBC and having a blast "winning" auctions of old samples. I now have a great collection of leather coats!!
  • Ethan and Alexander continue to amaze me in how much they are growing and learning. Alexander is spelling out sentences on his own and Ethan is rocking at multiplication and working with maps.
Okay, it is time for me to hit the shower so that I can hit the road and get up to CJ's. I don't think that the cottage has an internet connection and I don't think that there is a restaurant in town that might have free wi-fi. Granted, the Tanger Outlets are there, so there might be something. I am already having withdrawal thinking about how I won't have e-mail!! I will have my cell phone and it accepts text messages, so drop me a note!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!! So happy that you blogged...I hoped you would. I like to catch up with you through your blog and even though it wasn't very often...it was something. (since you are avoiding the scrapbook store and all) SO...so glad to see you the other day and I hope you all have fun at CJ"s this weekend. I am just counting down the days untill I get to go....Happy Scrappin!!!

Susan