Friday, March 16, 2007

A Missed Photo Op of Plato Aristophones

I am bumming! I missed an EXCELLENT photo opportunity this morning because I was too busy trying to rush out the door to piano lessons. I think we will need to re-create the moment this evening so that I can take a photo (come on, admit it! I KNOW that you all have done that to preserve moment in time!).

The missed photo opportunity was of Mr. Plato Aristophones at our house this morning. Ethan's class is studying immigration and today is the big day. Each child was assigned a role to play as either an immigrant or an immigration officer at Ellis Island. They are to dress up to fit their roles. The immigrants will then move around the entire school today representing their different countries to simulate the trip across the ocean and then will enter Ellis Island, aka their classroom.

Ethan's character is Plato Aristophones. He is a young man who is the son of a Greek business man. He is in good health and has money (Ethan assumes that this will help him get into the country). He is coming to New York to setup a rug business. Ethan chose a cute little "travel" suitcase and filled it with what he thought Plato would have: a chicken, money, a can of beans, and an extra pair of glasses. His attire was khakis, white oxford shirt, a sweater vest, a tie, and fake "glasses". He looks very cute. I wanted to get him a mustache, but we ran out of time.

I can't wait to hear if Plato Aristophones is allowed into the United States! I MUST take a picture tonight!

No comments: