Monday, March 19, 2007

Jury Duty Anxiety

I have been summoned for jury duty. I should be proud to be fulfilling my American duty, but it does nothing except fill me with dread.

I am on a "call in" status where I need to call in daily after 6:30 pm to see if I am needed the next morning. If not (as in last night's phone call), I need to call in at 12:15 pm. If I am summoned at that time, then I need to be at the Government Center no later than 1:30 pm. Well, that doesn't give a huge amount of time for getting there and it didn't hit me until right now that that is the case. I am now starting to stress because I realized that I don't have cash for parking and I don't have enough time to make it to the Mall of America to use the Light Rail. Yes, this response is ridiculous. I am stressing over little things that can easily be handled:
  • I can run out around 11 and get some cash from the bank
  • I can drive into Minneapolis to make it to the afternoon call time in time
  • If I want to ride the light rail (which is a very nice option), I could start driving towards the Mall of America at lunch time and then call from the road. I would be able to catch a light rail (I have a free pass and therefore would not need cash!) and would be calmer.
I am liking that last option more and more. The other nice thing is that my workout club is on the way to MOA, so if I don't get called in, then I can stop and get a lunchtime workout in!!

Okay, I am feeling better. Sometimes just putting the anxiety down in writing helps to alleviate it!

No comments: