Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Late, Yet Consistent, Tooth Fairy

Alexander lost another tooth during school yesterday! This one is on the top on the left side (his left) of his front teeth. He looks absolutely adorable with the missing tooth and I can't wait for the one on the other side of his front teeth to fall out. I love that look in kids with the big, adult teeth in the middle and nothing on the sides. In fact, I spent the weekend at CJ's catching up on scrapbooking 2006 photos and Ethan spent most of that year with with two front teeth. I kept commenting on how much younger it made him look than now with all of his front teeth grown in.

Okay, so you scrapbookers are probably saying, "Where is the picture of Alexander with his missing tooth?" Well, Alexander is the second child and he is officially plagued with the second child syndrome. Not only did I NOT take a picture of him (yet - I will add that because now I am feeling a huge amount of motherly guilt), but the Tooth Fairy forgot to come yet again!! She has forgotten to come to our house during the night so often with Alexander that he has come to expect it! He calls me into his room and says, "Mom, the Tooth Fairy hasn't made it here yet. I wish she would come to our house first rather than last!" He then proceeds with eating his breakfast and getting dressed. Then, he asks to cuddle with me on my bed and read a book while Ethan plays piano and Dad is in the shower so that the Tooth Fairy has the opportunity to sneak into his room undisturbed. How could I resist that request!! So, on my way to my room, I poke my head into the bathroom and loudly recap Alexander's request to Kyle.

Alexander proceeds to read "Big Pig on a Dig" in our room with hopes that the Tooth Fairy is making her final stop of the night at his tooth box! We finish reading and I get up to head into the shower. I ask Alexander if he is going to check his room (note: Kyle had come back into the room and given me the subtle, affirmative head nod that the Tooth Fairy had successfully completed "her" task) to see if the Tooth Fairy had visited. He replied that he didn't dare look in case she was still in there and he didn't want to scare her. I encouraged him to get up and take a look. To his delight, the Tooth Fairy had left him a dollar bill instead of her usual gold coin. He was thrilled and ran around the house with it! Ethan and he then ran into the playroom to add it to Alexander's horde of cash!

No comments: