Sunday, January 13, 2008

First Month of Resolution Kept!

This morning marked the first month of keeping my resolution to run a 5k a month by running the Frigid 5k in the State Fairgrounds! This was my first race since I started up again where they actually kept times with shoe chips. So, I am proud to say that I finished 112th! :)

The race was smaller than the last two races that I have run and I really enjoyed it. It became a race against myself. I would also target people ahead of me to see if I could catch them. Running is such a mind game that it was fun to try to use some strategy. I also increased my pace to see if I could handle it and it worked! I shaved 4 minutes off of my 5k time! I probably could have pumped it up more, but need to progress slowly.

Due to the race and the resolution, I am now the proud owner of a nice Frigid 5 knit cap and a new personal best (since I started running again!).

Here are all of my stats:
Age 38
Bib Number
271
Division
F3539
City
Bloomington MN
Overall Place
112 out of 184
Gender Place
45 out of 94
Division Place
10 out of 20
Finish Time
0:32:30
Mile Pace
10:28/mile
Kilometer Pace
6:30/km

No comments: