Friday, January 25, 2008

A Movie Worth Owning

Nancy and I were scheduled to see Atonement tonight, but due to constraints with my work where I need to "on call" for a development team in India, we were unable to squeeze that movie in. Since we still wanted to see a movie, Juno was the one movie that would allow me to get home before 9pm.

Thank goodness for odd time crunches! We both ended up loving the movie as did most people in the audience as demonstrated by the fact that they clapped at the end of the movie! What was really interesting was that people of all ages were there - older couples, younger couples, and even a group of teenaged boys. And, they all seemed to enjoy it.

What is the movie about? Well, it is about an unique 16 year old girl who gets pregnant and decides to give the baby up for adoption. Yawn? Yep, that is exactly what I said, too, but I was completely surprised and enjoyed it. The cast is great, the directing is great, and the script is great.

This is definitely a movie that I will be buying!

1 comment:

Shawn Monk said...

Really? Juno? I never would have thought twice about it...and I tend to like those teeny-bopper movies.

Wasn't there another movies a couple of years ago that had kinda the same premise? Maybe I'm thinking of "Saved"...or maybe I'm just confused.

The possibilities are wide open.