Saturday, September 02, 2006

flood pants and weekend activities

Well, it is true - both Ethan and Alexander grew this summer. It is quite evident that Alexander grew, but I didn't realize how much Ethan has grown. This morning we decided to try on jeans so that we could hit any necessary Labor Day Sales to round out the boys' wardrobes for school. Last year, Alexander wore size 6 regular and Ethan's last size at the end of the school year was 8 slim. Those sizes are finished in this house!! Alexander fits perfectly in the 7x's that were purchased by mistake last year. Ethan's 8 slims are flood water pants! Where I am going to find long enough pants that won't fall off my willowy guy's waist? Do they make a 9 slim? I can't imagine a 10 on E. He would be swimming rather than looking like he is ready for some wading.

We have decided to do some fun, historically-centric activities this weekend. This morning, we are off to the Mill City Museum. They have a Farmer's Market outside from 8 - 1, so we are going to visit that, too. We are also going to head over to Fort Snelling again. They have another weekend of special activities planned with the theme being "Family Life on the Frontier".

It looks like we might pass on the MN State Fair this year. I am a little sad about it, but I am still not feeling 100%, so I don't think that it would be fun if I'm not feeling well. I do know that the fair isn't fun if you aren't feeling 100% - the first year I went to the fair, I was 9 months pregnant with Alexander!

No comments: