Thursday, May 18, 2006

fyi part 4

Mom's "fyi" part 4 for your enjoyment!

*********************
Dear All: Here we go back to MN memories -

5/7/06 (Sunday) We all went to Church (Lutheran) at 9:05 am. Marcy, Kyle & boys practiced w/other families for the next service in the same room where folks mingle, snack, and drink refreshments. Then all in for the Church service. It was really nice to see all the families sing together in front of the congregation. Then they had communion which was done a bit differently than the Presbyterians do it.
We went up front to receive the communion. Marcy was one of the helpers. She was to say a small message to each person as they took the bread. Then they moved on to receive the wine/juice. It was a lovely service.

After a hasty dinner, the boys got ready and we were off to watch them take their swimming lessons at a shopping plaza-type storefront. It seemed odd to go in and see a swimming pool! The boys had separate teachers w/about 5 little ones in each group.

Once home again, Marcy & I dropped all the guys off (their choice) and we went around the block to an open house. Marcy couldn't believe whose house it was - the thistle man's house! Apparently when M&K had just moved into their home, Mr. thistle man came over to their mutual boundaries and "told" Kyle to remove such and such.
I always enjoy looking at houses so it was fun and surprising to see how "choppy" the home was. I did like the color in the kitchen - a mariner's blue I would say w/silver cookware here & there setting it off.

Must mention supper that night: Kyle cooked steaks on the grill. We enjoyed corn on the cob and the boys and I had made my homemade macaroni & cheese. I never seem to have luck w/my tried & true recipes there though. And their stove is gas while mine's electric. It was OK mac & cheese but we had doubled the recipe so maybe that was the problem.

Later Marcy & Kyle decided we needed pie for dessert so off they went to Cub Foods for a giant apple pie which we enjoyed w/ice cream while we all watched the movie Zathura. Xander sat there through somewhat scary scenes just as calm as could be while poor Ethan had his ears covered, leaving the room, then standing in front of the TV (much to the couch people's disgust)!

5/8/06 - Logan & I got up late so in order to have Kyle's car for the day went w/Marcy to drop her off @ work in our pj's. We called Logan's Mom who was home sick. She had good news though - Mr. Nicklaus is walking @ 13 months!

Once around we headed for Auto Zone to replace Kyle's car's driver's side windshield wiper. Isn't that always the one that goes? I had a touch of senility as we drove up to the store. I asked Logan which door we should go in. He gave me the strangest look - maybe because there was only one door! A nice young man helped me decide on which wiper to buy, then kindly installed it. Didn't take more than 10 min.

After that we got back on route 98 which takes you right by the Mall of America. Each parking area and floor level is named after a state so Logan chose NYC this time. We walked all the way around the 3rd level.

Here came my exciting part: Nordstrom Rack. It had about 25 pair of 10 narrow shoes! I was in heaven. Needless to say Logan was not in heaven. He headed right across to a few gift shops. One was full of Indian gifts, another pet supplies to pamper your pet. I filled the old shopping cart up first w/10 medium thinking maybe they ran narrow. Logan came back in to find me and was shocked I'd picked out 20 pair to try on. Rather 20 right hand shoes. You try them on. If you like them, you go to the counter and the worker gives you the left hand shoe. Then I finally thought to ask if they had just 10 narrows in a set section. Yes. Heaven all over again. But pricewise I needed to narrow it down. I happily left w/3 pairs of shoes.

To be continued. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments: