Tuesday, May 16, 2006

fyi part 1 (missing) and part 2

Since I have been so neglectful of my blog, I thought I would copy and paste my Mom's "fyi" e-mails about her visit to MN. Mom's, aka Sandy's, fyi e-mails are distributed to family and friends to update them on what is going on in their lives. I have been trying to coax her into starting a blog, but to no avail. So, I'll just use her e-mails to enhance my blog! I will post pictures as soon as I remember to !

fyi part 1:
- oops. I don't have that one with me. I will have to post it later!

fyi part 2 (sent 5/15):


Dear All: Here's part 2 of MN trip (so don't read on if you're not interested) -

There is one of the most important reasons we went to MN in the first place: Ethan (7) and Alexander(5). When it was time to p/up the boys from first grade/day care, Logan went w/Marcy while I reclined. I heard the garage door go up and went out to be greeted by two TALL sweet boys w/their arms out! That was worth the trip alone!

Back to the happenings: 5/5/06 - Logan & I were loaned Kyle's old (but running) car to go where we wanted as they both went back to work. Marcy said "whatever you do don't roll down the driver's window!" Yes. Sure enough - Logan & I attempted to go on the highway to Mall of America on the busy highway when I felt perklepsed (sp?) and opened the driver's window just a bit - oops! Logan said "oh no!" The more I tried to remember which way to press the lever, the more the window went down to the point it disappeared into the door! I decided to go to the nearest car repair garage to Marcy's house. The worker told me it would cost $100 to begin and run up to $350 or more! I thank him & promptly went back to the house to call Marcy. First she sweared, then said she'd call me back. Now here's the clincher: when she called back she said "here's what you do - go to an empty parking lot and leave it!" Then I heard her whole office just howling w/laughter! She'd put me on speaker phone! I'll get her for that one!

But seriously, she told us to pick her up at work right away. She'd held a meeting prior and asked if anyone would take her to lunch. Renee' offered so we 3 went to garage and waited for Renee' to pick us up. Then she dropped us across the busy roadway to the Eden Prairie Mall (beautiful) and she and Marcy went to lunch & back to work.

Logan & I spent the afternoon there. About 4:20 up pulled Marcy in Kyle's car. She was just beaming! We were thrilled to see her but couldn't figure out her mood. Once we got in she told us: the mechanic had fixed the window (now permanently closed) for FREE! No way! We cheered and felt so much better. I just couldn't believe it! Must send the garage a thank you note today!

Oh, there's more crisis w/Kyle's poor car: Marcy drove over a railroad crossing - and a hub cap flew off! It was too busy (4 lanes) to stop so we looked for it several times but didn't find it.

That night we all attended a carnival @ Ethan's school. I was very impressed. The parents bought tickets ahead of time. Marcy gave each of the boys tickets and they were off. There were games like pick a pencil - if it has something on the bottom you win a prize to toss a ball @ tin cans and win a fuzzy hat. All sorts of games set up in their gym and over 12 varieties of games outside besides a dunking booth which teachers and the principal manned. Great fun!

To be continued.

1 comment:

nancy_scraps said...

Hmmmm Marcy.
I'm curious that when your mom gave you the bad news about the window, your response (according to mom) was to swear.

See your prevous entry.

Hmmmm.

(Not meant to be critical, just humourous.)

BTW...how was the ALS crop? I wish I could have gone, but hubby needed to go out of town at the last minute.