Sunday, August 26, 2007

An Embarrassing New Love

Quick edit - the video came in above this post, so hopefully after reading this, you will see the connection!!

I have a new fascination, adoration, admiration, obsession (whatever you care to call it) with Justin Timberlake and his music. Yes, I officially feel like a teeny-bopper for saying that! I started to like him when he was on SNL over Christmas. His skits were great and hysterical. As for the music, I have heard some of his live performances and I am always impressed when a singer sounds as good live as they do on CD. I have also heard interviews with other musicians who have commented on what a good musician he is. For instance, he doesn't need to take a dozen takes to get a song right.

So, I have been thinking about how much I like his music and I refused to allow myself to openly admit to it because I thought that he got his start with New Kids on the Block. Each time that I thought about NKOB, I kept going back in time to when I was a camp counselor. During one of the summers, I had a slew of 3rd grade girls were absolutely in love with NKOB and that they were all excited to go to their concert later in the summer. It was all that I heard about for a week. Since I was a senior when those girls were 3rd graders, I refused to age myself to that extent. So, yesterday after downloading a few of his songs, I decided to check it out and good news - he isn't from NKOB. Granted, he is from 'N Synch, but at least he isn't from NKOB!

Do any of my girlfriends out there like Justin Timberlake? Kirstin? Susan (your girls probably listen to him!)? Anyone?

I just attempted to link a youtube video of "What Goes Around Comes Around" to my blog. Check it out! (as will I since I have no idea how it will post!)

Okay, time to switch from teeny-bopper to Mom - time to get groceries!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!!! I am so glad I have girls that LOVE music. Usually it is of the 'pop' kind but all my life I have been drawn to different types of music and have a variety on my IPOD. I love JT wayback in the early days as well. I repsect his talent alot more as he can actually play instuments (a few of them) as well as write his own stuff. It is fun to share musical tastes with your teens and preteens because now i enjoy everything from Migh School Musical to 50Cent!

Kirstin said...

Of course I love him! I hated N'Sync, but JT's solo stuff and stuff with Timbaland is awesome! I listen to nearly the same music as Amy does - there really is so much good music out there right now! (unlike the mid-90's - ugghhh - what a bleak time for music)

mindakms said...

yep, love his voice. I find his lyrics pretty inane, but his voice is pure whipped cream baby!

TriathlonMama said...

All I can say about Justin Timberlake is that he really did bring sexy back. I love it and it makes me feel young to have some great dance tunes going in the house.