Friday, May 18, 2007

Walks in the Springtime

I have gone for walks the last two nights. It has been simply beautiful outside while on these walks. Last night, it was a walk by myself. I took both my iPod and my cell phone along on the trip in order to combine a couple of my favorite activities. However, it was so peaceful out that I didn't feel like calling anyone or listening to any music. So, I listened to the sound of my feet on the gravel in the road and to the birds. Surprisingly, there weren't many people out. I also noticed that everything seemed quieter than usual. I wonder if there is a sound change along with a season change. The new grass and leaves on the trees probably all act as sound absorbs; thus, winter's echoiness is replaced by the subdued sounds of spring. As I write that, I find it odd that I refer to the sounds of spring as subdued because that is a completely inaccurate term when you consider that the birds are chirping loudly, but I still need to stick with the word "subdued".

Tonight was another fun walk. I had a box of Memory Works items for Minda, so after dinner I met up with her at Scrapbooks Too. We chatted with Lisa for a little bit and then headed towards Minda's place. We had a nice walk and chat up France Ave and as we arrived, Scott and Andrew returned from seeing Shrek 3. Andrew liked the movie and recommended it. Since he is 7, he is my most age appropriate critic of the movie! I plan on taking Ethan and Alexander to the movie this weekend if the weather is icky. I then said my good-byes and headed for home.

Minda, since I know that you are reading this...if you head up Beard, there is a sidewalk connecting to the other side of Beard and you can access the streets heading toward my house! It is a walkway between two houses and although we have several of these pedestrian by-ways like this, I feel as though I am violating peoples personal space when I walk through them. You can see everything in their backyards and often in their houses. I do my best to not look so as not to invade privacy. Okay, okay, I DID look in one backyard because I really admired the pool and wished that I had one of my own.

I should do some work for work now, but I am feeling too lazy. I think it is time for pj's and some relaxation! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

mindakms said...

Hey Marcy, thanks for the shortcut info and the subdued comment. I agree, spring is muffled, even though the birds are chirpy!

Shawn Monk said...

I keep meaning to call you, but only at the wrong times...like say 2am? Are you blocking my memory? Yep...that must be it, 'cause I can't be THAT forgetful, can I?